THE BAMBOO GROVE

Tales from Abroad by Omiya -an account of my life in Japan-

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Change In Travel Plans

Big news, everyone! I have decided to change my flight date from September 22nd to the 7th. The main reason I was sticking around was for the Keane concert that was supposed to be on the 20th, but since the lead singer has apparently gone into re-hab, I won't be around for the rescheduled date. On top of that, my apartment will be completely ready by the first of September so it seems a shame not to make use of the time I've been given. So, basically, I have exactly two weeks left to see everyone and say my farewells! To be totally frank and honest, I am shaking in my boots right now at the prospect of not only simply being in Japan again, but being submersed in the language and culture for a year as well. Last time I went through it, the experience was like being thrown into a lion's den - I had no idea what to expect and the ups and downs were all surprises to me. This time, though, I have a pretty good idea of what I like and don't like about Japan, and it is dealing with the tough stuff that scares me. I also don't think I am ready for a 14 hour plane flight with stopovers in America on United Airlines but that is a whole other pot of worms. Anyway, I am sure these are just pre-flight, pre-exchange heebie jeebies that every living and breathing soul gets, so for now, I am going to try and roll with the punches and live for each day as it comes.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! How exciting!!! You're going to have so much fun!! Can't wait to hang out next Wednesday as our good-bye and good luck hang out. :D

 
At 3:41 p.m., Blogger heather-in-italia said...

Yeah, I'm excited too! But Steph 2 and I couldn't decide on a good movie, lol. I've seen what she hasn't and vice versa...haha. But I'm up for anything...even Snakes on a Plane again :P :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home