THE BAMBOO GROVE

Tales from Abroad by Omiya -an account of my life in Japan-

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Well, this is it! I leave tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. on a flight to Chicago with a connecting flight to Narita Airport. Everything I have done over the past two years has filtered down to this one event. The gruelling classes, hours of watching TV Japan just to maintain my listening levels, notebooks filled with line after line of Japanese vocabulary, and even my last exchange have all been parts of a grand mechanism designed to prepare me for this third year abroad. (Talk about planning!)

I won't say any soppy goodbyes because though I am physically leaving the country, I'm not taking leave of this blog. Plus, we can all keep in touch as the year progresses! I will post at the next opportunity I get, though I don't know when that will be, and hopefully I'll have a handful of stories to saturate your minds with! ;-)

2 Comments:

At 1:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, have a safe and fun trip! I in the meantime am cursing being an art student while also simultaneously thinking *god, I'm too old to be moving!* I've got too much stuff to haul around!!! *wailing* I couldn't even begin to contemplate trying to move over to another country!!! *sobbing* I'd take a flipping paint brush, and that's about it for the art stuff!! *laughing* Okay, I'm babbling! I'm leaving today for oakville, so I wanted to wish you a safe journey tomorrow! I'll keep an eye on your blog, post now and then, while eating a few purple people *cheshire grin*

 
At 10:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in Janpan, Heather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home